Friday 23 October 2009

Amazon - WTF?

A recent email from Amazon:

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,
As someone who has purchased or rated The Twelve by Stuart Neville or other books in the Content Stores > Amazon Vine category, you might like to know that Ice Princess (Skate School) will be released on 30 October 2009. You can pre-order yours for just £3.99 (33% off the RRP) by following the link below.

Ice Princess (Skate School) Kay Woodward
RRP:
£5.99
Price:
£3.99
You Save:
£2.00 (33%)
Release Date:
30 October 2009



This is why I shop at No Alibis...

And I'll be there on Monday 16th November at 6PM when Colin Bateman launches his latest book, THE DAY OF THE JACK RUSSELL.

You should go too.

6 comments:

Michael Stone said...

So, did you order Ice Princess then?

And Day of the Jack Russell is out already? Damn, I haven't read Mystery man yet. It's sitting on my bookshelves, waiting for me to get through all the other Batemans I bought in a feverish rush! Still, I know what to ask Santa for...

marco said...

It's probably a gruesome Tonya Harding story of intrigue and attempted murders

Stuart Neville said...

What, you don't get the connection between my cynical and violent tale of a killer seeking redemption and stories about ice skating princesses? Well, if you don't get it, then I'm not going to explain it to you.

Gerard Brennan said...

Mike - I haven't ordered it yet. Mya overheard me telling Michelle about it though... I might have to now.

Yeah, the next No Alibis tale is out next month! The publishing world can't keep up with this guy's output.

Marco - That could work...

Stuart - I guess I just didn't pick up on all the subtleties, eh?

Cheers

gb

John McFetridge said...

That's right, Stuart, you leave that for the academics. There's a dissertation in there for sure, or at least a damned fine term paper.

seana graham said...

I don't usually find Amazon all that good on recommendations anyway, but that is beyond absurd!


But you should buy it, Gerard. Not only will Mya be happy, but think of who'd be recommended next to all those Skate School fans...I know it's a young audience but it's never to soon for Stuart to be thinking about future readers. And maybe their parents will read it in the interim...